Progressive, cutting-edge, Tulsa-area, FDA-registered manufacturer of biotech medical devices is searching for a Production Supervisor. This modern, talent-filled employer truly wishes for you to have:
· Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Degree
· 2+ years of management /supervisory experience
· Understanding of ISO9001 required. And knowledge of ISO13485 (medical devices) would be really impressive!
· Understanding of LEAN™ manufacturing processes and concepts
· Desire to advance to a VP role within 1-3 years.
Imagine this is you:
1. You arrive at work at approximately 7:30am. You take a moment to appreciate and admire the brand new, cutting edge, high tech facility built solely to meet the increasing global demand for this very intrinsically interesting, life-saving product you manufacture.
2. At your luxurious cubicle (yes- it’s a cubicle but it’s really, really nice), you check the day’s work assignments, glance at the Master Production Schedule (that you have so deftly designed and written) and prepare for your genuinely talented, highly-committed and engaged employees to arrive to work.
3. At 8:00am, you open your Daily Team Briefing with an upbeat review of yesterday’s achievements with a big round of applause. You discuss the minor challenge that the Materials Review Board meeting revealed to you yesterday. Next you review today’s production schedule, work flow, assignments along with yesterday’s manufacturing yield reports.
4. You go on to spend about 20% of your day ‘managing by walking around’ and working in the production trenches with your team as a means to learn these astoundingly complex products that are scientifically intriguing and are being sold to customers in the medical device & analytical instrument fields throughout the world.
5. In addition, you’ll be conducting the Manufacturing Process Audits under the company’s ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 certifications in order to verify manufacturing processes conform to documented procedures. Using Continuous Improvement principles, you’ll enlist the help of your team to make suggestions for corrective actions. You assist the team in selecting appropriate options and reporting your recommendations for improvement to your fellow executive leadership team members.
6. You’ll probably work till 5:30. Except on Friday afternoons when all employees go home at 2:00pm!
7. Here is the most important aspect of this role:
- You absolutely must be an exemplary supervisor/ manager of others. Your verbal communication skills, confidence, leadership abilities, problem solving skills and ability to be an educator and mentor to your team, and fellow coworkers, is what will get you this coveted position. Your ability to be a role model of integrity and professionalism is truly the most important facet of this role.
- So if you are truly a positive-minded, pleasant and team-focused mechanical or industrial engineer, we WANT YOU! Why? Because this position has the opportunity to advance into an executive role very quickly! So bring your leadership and management skills with you as well!
- If your friends and coworkers would describe you as ‘aloof,’ ‘detached,’ ‘a –one-word-answer-type-of-person,’ please DO NOT APPLY for this job.
8. Pay is negotiable and has been verified as above average by Salary.com.
The benefits prove how employee-committed this company is. The company pays:
o 100% of health care premium for you the employee
o 100% of dental care premium for you, your spouse and your children
o 100% of life insurance premium for you, your spouse and your children
o Paid Time Off accrues at 10 hours per month
12 Paid Holidays:
o Christmas Eve
o Christmas Day
o New Year’s Eve
o New Year’s Day
o Good Friday
o Memorial Day
o 4th of July
o 5th of July
o Labor Day
o Thanksgiving Day
o The Day After Thanksgiving
o Your Birthday!
o Educational Assistance
9. Reference checks, background checks, and drug testing will be conducted.
10. Here’s more….
· Provide experienced leadership to form and operate a cohesive, achievement-oriented, motivated team that exceeds performance expectations with respect to productivity, yields and profit margins.
· Runs an efficient, Lean™ production operation in exceptional facilities.
· Facilitates team performance through facilitating comprehensive training, effective performance appraisal, insightful scheduling.
· Solicits cooperation and secures the support of other departments to meet operating objectives.
· Reports results and issues to management to provide clear/cogent/actionable information.
- Prepares long term production schedules and daily work assignments for inspection and assembly operations to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Directs the selection process and training for Technical Specialists and conducts process and proficiency audits to evaluate adherence to process procedures and productivity.
- Utilizes labor hours effectively to maximize product yields and minimize waste.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all manufacturing processes and equipment and reports any process and equipment problems to Engineering and Operations.
- Develops manufacturing plans and budgets.
- Sets performance accountabilities and conducts employee performance reviews for direct reports.
- Provides positive leadership and direction to encourage employee participation and achievement.
- Prepares management reports that address critical aspects of manufacturing operations.
- Ensures Manufacturing activities replica orologi adhere to OSHA, ISO, and FDA requirements and are performed to meet the highest standards for quality and product integrity.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives using tools such as Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other process improvement techniques.
- Conducts production meetings and works with Material Supervisor and Quality departments to resolve production issues and develop effective production strategies.
- Proposes and implements strategies that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Implements appropriate changes in tooling and equipment and re-training in an effort to reduce scrap.
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION PARAMETERS
- Margin Achievement: Meet budgeted cost by job
- Productivity: Meet quoted labor by job
- Yields: Meet budgeted yields by process/task
- Adhere to department expense budget
- Maintain schedule adherence for delivered products
- Pass annual ISO audits without Findings
- Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline - mechanical engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others to meet production goals with three or more years of manufacturing supervision experience in high-tech, high-rel products with complex bills of material.
- Experience with Lean concepts and continuous improvement methodology
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal are essential; along with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Computer skills to include Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word. SolidWorks and DesignCAD a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of ISO 13485 (medical devices) preferred, ISO 9001 required. Experience in ISO Internal Auditing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete individual objectives with quantifiable and sustained results.
So… do you know someone with the poise, maturity, incredible interpersonal skills and technical abilities who is ready for a high-level position at an international company offering real life-work balance?
If yes- then send us your resume straight away!
Resumes and inquiries from qualified candidates are always warmly welcome to WorkWise Productions and Industrial Recruiting.
NOTE: All inquiries from qualified candidates will receive a response, from a real person, within 1 business day (or sooner!) This has been our guarantee to candidates since 1998
Currently employed? Confidential informal, evening and weekend interviews available for all viable, candidates.
Thank you for considering this position!
Kristine Sexter, Senior Recruiter,
Email Resume to: Kristine@KristineSexter.com
Direct Line: 918.361.3000
Fax Resume: 918.970.6173
Return to Articles